Viasat LinkWayS2 ™ Broadband VSAT System
LINKWAYS2 FEATURES MF-TDMA architecture supports any network topology Full-Mesh, Star (hub/spoke), or Hybrid (combination of mesh and star) Spread spectrum waveform allows mixed-node networks using ultra-small antennas and on the move terminals coexisting with larger fixed terminals (optional) No large,...
- Category: All Products, Satellite Modems - VSATplus
- MF-TDMA architecture supports any network topology
- Full-Mesh, Star (hub/spoke), or Hybrid (combination of mesh and star)
- Spread spectrum waveform allows mixed-node networks using ultra-small antennas and on the move terminals coexisting with larger fixed terminals (optional)
- No large, costly VSAT central hub required
- DVB-S2 Integrated Receiver/Decoder (IRD) supports high-speed downloads from any data broadcast site
- Operates on loop-back, split-beam or crossstrapped transponders (C, X, Ku, Ka band)
- Mesh full-duplex IP throughput speeds over 15 Mbps
- Advanced QoS and traffic prioritization options
- New, improved Network Management System (NMS) provides enhanced MF-TDMA burst time plan allocation and map displays
- Local and geographic redundancy of the network controller
VIASAT LINKWAYS2™ BROADBAND VSAT SYSTEM
ViaSat continues to offer the most innovative satellite networking products with its LinkWayS2 system, the most advanced full mesh hubless multi-frequency time-division multiple access (MF-TDMA) system. Delivering true network connectivity, the LinkWayS2system seamlessly integrates with your Internet Protocol (IP) based applications, automatically routing your mission critical data via a single satellite hop network using any network topology — mesh, star or hybrid.
Unique in the industry, the full-mesh LinkWayS2 MF-TDMA modem has independent fast-hopping transmit and receive paths. The transmit modulator and receive demodulator can each tune on a burst-to-burst basis, independently and automatically, across a 800 MHz frequency range spanning multiple transponders, carrier rates, carrier coding rates, and carrier modulations. This capability allows the most efficient allocation of bandwidth on the network carriers, on any available timeslot on any available carrier frequency, for the most flexible and frequency-agile system available. LinkWayS2 modems can be used over any commercial satellite on C, X, Ku, or Ka band using loop-back, split-beam or cross-strapped transponders.EFFICIENCY
Expanding on the capabilities of the successful LINKWAY® 2100 modem, LinkWayS2 modems are more efficient than ever before. The DVB-RCS turbo coding and short preambles provide quasi-error free communications with minimal carrier power requirements and maximum efficiency. The newly added 8PSK modulation feature provides dramatically improved spectral efficiency, while the inclusion of BPSK modulation offers support for ultra-small, sub 1-meter antennas for fixed, at-the-halt or on-the-move communications.
LinkWayS2 modems offer a unique extended carrier rate range from 312.5 ksps up to an industry-leading 10 Msps. This broad rate range enables system operators to select the optimal carrier rate for their particular network traffic profile allowing greater flexibility for both high-throughput applications, such as streaming video or large media file transfers, as well as lowlatency applications, such as voice and video teleconference.
- Enterprise Connectivity Enable IP voice, video, or data applications across the enterprise, providing integration of terrestrial and satellite networks and platforms.
- Cellular Backhaul Quickly deploy new cell sites to enable connectivity in even the most remote areas of the world.
- Emergency Response Networks Connect and help move logistical, rescue and first responder resources in emergencies and disaster areas.
- Air Traffic Control Rely on full-mesh communications for voice, radar and messaging traffic between ATC sites.
- Maritime Networks Cruise ships, ferries, icebreakers, resource mapping ships, naval vessels.
- Homeland Security Networks Transmit data live into border control and checkpoint data systems with transportable terminals.
Cables and Connectors
12W Ku-Band BUCs